View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #39
srmink

Re: Chemotherapy Permanent Hair Loss

Hello everyone-
(sorry I can't get the bold off)
I landed here after doing a Google search on permanent hair loss following chemotherapy. While I am a breast cancer survivor, I am not HER-2 positive. I did, however, have Taxotere (last infusion 9/29/10) and most of my hair did not return. Just enough to look really stupid - male pattern baldness, thin, baby fine and very slow growing. In a word - it's awful. I have permanent makeup for eyebrows and liner. I do have enough lashes glob mascara on, but they're rather puny. I highly recomment permanent makeup (tattoos) for anyone and wonder why I didn't do it years ago.
I wanted to comment about the hair solution mentioned here. I know a woman who also did this (different brand, same concept). She loves it. When we met about a year ago and she told me about it, she also told me how expensive it was. My response was I could sure have a lot of wigs for that price. Now after 2 years of trying just about everything, I'm pretty sick of this and may look into it.
I'm interested to know about others' experiences and solutions. I am ER+ and on Arimidex and may switch to Femara to see if that helps. While they both have the same side effect of hair thinning, it might not happen on a different AI. I am, however, convinced it's the Taxotere because it was obvious my hair was not returning before I started Arimidex.

Thanks for any feedback. Hope you're all doing well.

Suzanne
srmink is offline   Reply With Quote