View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #17
Sandra in GA

Re: Anyone out there have her2+ breast cancer in their family?

I am the first from both sides, maternal and paternal, to have breat cancer. However, I grew up on a farm and about 30 years ago we built on the family farm. Lots of chemicals for cotton, peanuts, and tobacco have been sprayed here.

My father and grandfather (his dad) both died from lung cancer. My first husband (he was a pharmacist) died from a brain tumor, gleoblastoma. My youngest son had testectular cancer along with two other cousins from my husband's side of the family. That was 16 years ago and he is doing well.

I am afraid I am only too familiar with this disease.

When I was diagnosed at Mayo in Jacksonville, I was told that I did not have to worry about my daughter or granddaughter getting this type, HER2+. The onc told me it was not inherited. I hope and pray he is right!
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote