Thread: oh my goodness
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Joy

oh my goodness

I am shocked! I just got back from the oncologist to go over scan results for the first time since starting tykerb/xeloda. The doc walked in and said, "you want to see some pictures?" Which she never said before and I don't really like to look at the pictures because it makes it all too real and interferes with my visualizations. I must have looked scared because she said, "they are good and I want you to see." So my sis and best friend and I took a field trip to her office and looked on the computer at the last 2 scans. She explained all I was seeing beautifully and.........50% reduction in tumor burden in liver, lungs look great and ALL liver function tests are......NORMAL for the first time in a looooong time!!!!

I'm still in shock. I said one woman, you Irene, in Florida has been on this for a year and doing well and my onc said, "Why not? Let's think several years and by then there will be another her2 blocker."

So I will turn 40 after all this year and I'm energizing way more than that.

I said when we hugged that she made my whole day and she said I made hers as I'm the first in her practice to be on this combination and for her it is very exciting.

I told her about getting a period and she said, surprisingly, that she felt it was no problem at all because sometimes we treat bc with estrogen and my cells have not seen estrogen for so long that maybe it is helping AND if the estrogen aggravates the cells they will uptake more xeloda and tykerb. So she said since we are monitoring things so closely we will just take it as it comes and it did not worry her at all. And when she is worried it is obvious and her concern is very great and readable.

So I just wanted to share these encouraging results as so many have encouraged me! Thank you so much!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote