Thread: Tamoxifin?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM   #13
Jean

Doug,
The following is a post from Becky:

After getting wide clean margins, I believe slides must be scrutinized by several large cancer centers (like Sloan, Johns Hopkins, MD Anderson or the like) to absolutely ensure there is no invasive component. I am not sure that any DCIS that can be palpated or is high grade is truly DCIS - period. What do the clean margins look like too - lots of atypical hyperplasia? The pathology report can tell you this. This is not cancer and is truly precancer but has a good - no great, chance of becoming DCIS/IDC. So you cut out the DCIS but the precancer is left behind to change to DCIS - if high grade, this will happen especially if there are no lifestyle interventions (I believe that your fate can be changed if you change - maybe not a 100% assurity but it can happen - it does with clogging arteries and this is "clogging" ducts). So, high grade Her2+ bc should be treated with radiation and I think Herceptin too. The trial Lani describes is great. As with cancer, DCIS are different diseases too. For example, less than 2 cm tumors that are only ER/PR+, low to intermediate grade in older women only get an AI (and they think this is the case if 1-3 nodes + in the future too), but that could never be if you are Her2+ cancer so.........

High grade is different and high grade might be invasive without anyone knowing.
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote