Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 01:48 PM   #34
Sandy H

I forgot to do mine. Hope its not too late. I will have been married for 32 years in April, have a 27 year old single son. I worked in a hospital for 24 years. Starting out as a Nurse Assistant, Pharmacy Tec., Admissions Clerk, Switchboard Operator, and the past 12 years worked in a very busy Rehab as Office Manager in which I worked harder those last years then on any of the other jobs. I went out on disability/early retirement at the age of 54 when diagnosed with IBC. My hobbies are sewing, painting, knitting, crocheting, gardening and traveling. I volunteer at my church, do a monthly church newsletter, look in on people who need help, take a friend 89 years old shopping, out to eat once a week, do phone support to other bc patients, belong to 3 bc support groups. Now, you ask me why am I not still working? As you all know here all these things I do I can choose when to do them. Some days I do nothing and others I more. If I am not able to get to sleep then I don't worry about it because I will sleep in the next morning. Only you people who have been there and done it understand what I am saying. Some of my friends and relatives just don't get it!!! Well, as I tell them they need to walk in my shoes only a few days and they would know why this is the way I live my life. To the fullest possible and yet keep my quality of life around many, many doctor appointments. After all is said and done I am still able to say, "My life is good". Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote