View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
chekmark

Re: My Wife Rachel Was Just Diagnosed Wtih HER-2+ Breast Cancer (Please Help ...)

Wow Benjamin u have done your research already and how awesome r u. TCH is the standard of care of Her2 and has turned our stats around thanks to herceptin so take some deep breathes. I really cannot give u any advise as far as her surgery, that is something I think u should discuss further with her doctors and among yourselves. I have been thru this and I didn't understand all of the pathology u listed but I want to say this is a great place to start for concerns, questions, answers venting whatever. Doctors like to get a clean margin to prevent recurrence. My doctor wanted a larger margin for me and when I went back in I was cancer free so think it all thru. I didn't have a port so no advice there either and the shot is standard after chemo also. Most likely her white blood count will drop after chemo and this will help. Does she need chemo, my personal answer is yes due to her2 but again that is a personal decision. I wish u both well, keep us posted and god bless you for being such a huge support system for her.
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote