View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 05:20 PM   #15
sonyabegonia

Re: Boosting Your Immune System - share your ideas

I just lost a long reply I had typed. :-((

Hey Tracy,
I get my supplements from Amazon, bc I feel like they have the best prices. If you can find someone to examine you that is a naturopath or Chinese medicine practitioner, they can help you determine exactly what your body needs, so that you don't take things unnecessarily. The CoQ10 / Ubiquinol QH-Absorb, 100 mg, 120 count is around $30. Since I take 2 per day, it costs $15 per month. That's not too much, but when added in with a bunch of other things, it can get very pricy. I say take what you are told you need when you can and take breaks from time to time.

My insurance never pays for supplements, naturopath or Chinese medicine. It's what I consider my safety net, though, and it keeps my numbers from rising.

The green tea recipe that Jessica posted is a great idea of something that will help with inflammation. And it sounds delicious. I will be drinking that tonight by the fire! Sounds so good with the cold weather coming our way. (Thank you, Jessica for the yummy recipe!)

Scrunch the Cat, I like that Turkey Tail is a mushroom supplement! I took a different one, listed above, and took one am and one pm. I just went back for a follow up and I am off of it for now.

Juls, it is amazing what good things Vitamin D does for our bodies. I am so glad your levels are at the level you wanted. Dontcha just love it when we get some good news?!

I very rarely eat sugar or simple carbs and I try to buy organic food when available. Drink good quality water with low acidity. I do have my weaknesses, though.

Ann, you impress me and I can tell you have done so much research. I am learning a lot from each of you ladies! Thank you!
Add'l surgery for clear margins
ER+/PR+ 95%
Her2+++
Chemo TCH Started August 2012
Radiation began February 2013
Tamoxifen - almost 3 years
Arimidex - began December 2015
sonyabegonia is offline   Reply With Quote