View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #10
donocco

Re: Need input, KADCYLA or TAS116?

SCG

I did a bit more research on TAS-116 and didnt come up with much more. I found the Phase one clinical trial you mentioned in your first post. They are going to try TAS-116 for Her2Nue breast cancer and the non small cell lung carcinoma with the T790 mutation which involves the methionine amino acid molecule replacing a normal Threonine amino acid molecule. I have a slight idea what this means but I wont bore you with it as it is not important in your situation. It is Phase one which means the emphasis is on escalating doses vs toxicity not actual clinical results. You have to trust your gut feelings. Im sorry you are being pressured. If your guts tell you somone is trying to sell you a car you have to listen to them. Talk with your oncologist in depth as to what kind of clinical results she is hoping for. She might have some knowledge through the "grapevine" that hasnt been published yet.

Only 21% of the patients in the GIST Phase 2 study of Tas-116 had vision problems anbd they were not severe and were reversed when the drug was stopped. About 80% of the patients had diahrrea but I imagine this is controlleable with Imodium. Also loss of appetite and wgt loss.

You mentioned Herceptin (Trastuzumab) allergy without going into detail. Weve talked about desensitization procedures before and IGG vs IGE antibody response. There is a desensitization procedure for Herceptin where increasing IV doses of the drug are given every 15 minutes starting with 20 micrograms of the drug and ending with 40 milligrams of the drug. Perhaps this may be of use.

The new and improved lapatanib, Neratanib (Nerlynx) has been FDA approved and perhaps this will be of some value. Diarrhea is the most prominent side effect of Nerlynx.

Hope this helps

Paul
donocco is offline   Reply With Quote