View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Brain MRI - Hmmmm

Way to go NEDenise!!! Love your attitude. And your language.

You nailed the message, broadcast to many...

In the clip, I asked the doctors in the audience to please try all the possible targeted treatment options before recommending the "nuclear options" like whole brain radiation, and craniotomy. In the clip, I told them, "What goes on in my brain, makes me who I am. I trust my doctors to protect that. There are worse things than being dead. Honestly, if I can't be me anymore...I don't want to be alive."

I see Mickey Mouse for sure! That must be your laugh button, not sure about the smiling guy with glasses, but like Rorschach pix, what I see is a smiling doggie. Very cute btw.
Thanks for the red line. How do you do what you do???!!!

I was not happy with Dr. B's microscopic BC cells "hide" in the necrotic areas and sort of "get used to" the Avastin...then start to grow and cause new problems...

DO NOT LET HIM PLANT A SEED IN YOUR BRAIN! I had lobular bc, which hides, I know, but... Your brain goo is fading slowly but surely, maybe trying to hide in the shadows, but again...

My necrotic areas in my liver viewed as diminishing bc tumors (ea measured and reported precisely w/ea ev 8 wk scan) were viewed by 2 totally unrelated, independent radiologists. I had 3 oncs, for some reason. I'd found 1 on Long Island where I lived, another in Westchester and another in Manhattan. Westchester onc asked me to bring in my scans for HIS radiologist to read. That radiol had worked at Sloan Kettering. He said what he saw he did not think were tumors, but the dead remains of tumors, cyst-like, filled w/fluid. He believed what he was looking at were the dead remains of tumors.

Manhattan onc, lo and behold, asked me to do the same thing. Bring scans for HIS radiologist to read. And he said -- exactly the same thing.

I stopped Taxotere (after 9 mnths, fluid around my heart and around my lungs, dragging my tail) -- hoping Herceptin alone would keep me stable.

Those dead remains of tumors are still visualized (since '99) and exactly the same. They call them STABLE.

Do not fret. Say good bye and good riddens to your uninvited guests. They are going down and out. And you had the perfect answer as well, if Avastin fails, you have backup!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, amazing lady!

Oh, just scroplled down and see guy in sunglasses. Looks like a skull to me. Like a dying entity. And he is smiling. Must be very tired fighting against you. Glad to go. Happy for him... And for YOU!!!

Much love,
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote