Thread: Good Advice?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 02:35 AM   #37
Lien

Re: Good Advice?

I found my first lump at age 25. It turned out to be a cyst. After 12 years of regular ultrasounds and one biopsy, I had a baby and stopped the checkups. At age 44 I felt a new lump, so I had a mammo. The radiologist didn't like the looks of my old cyst, so did a biopsy. It looked okay, but both the pathologist and the radiologist had a funny feeling about it. So we decided to remove both the new lump and the old cyst. New lump turned out to be b9, but the cyst held a 6 mm. spot of IDC and there was some DCIS as well. Thank God for BSE and Thank God for doctors who trust their gut feelings.

My sister (an actress and singer) was invited to a Pink Ribbon Gala last week and we grabbed the opportunity to tell the press how I found my lump by BSE. And how important it was for younger women to know their own breasts.

Here in the Netherlands mammo's start at age 50, which would have been too late for me.

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote