View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #340
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink KAT and MADAME DUBOIS...

Oh my. Kat, dear Sister, please get yourself into therapy. I apologize for being that blunt, but I have a sister, niece and darling friend w/similar psychological issues as you describe. They are in therapy and on special meds. And they need both of these for them to feel better, less depressed, less manic, less crazed. I am praying for you to help yourself b/c it appears that no one, except maybe another Sister on this site, is going to urge you to do what you must do.

I have heard other women say they see YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED in their husband's eyes. Your relationships are caving, leaving you w/o a bed to call your own, w/o an order midst the chaos. Please call today. Sent with loving energy for you,
Andi

Maryanne, Do you have symptoms of Pagets or IBC?

You're a major hero on this site, who has stood up to canser with boldness and tenacity. I love your Spirit and have been thinking of you every day, praying you are home and doing better. What's happening? Please share. You can email me if you'd prefer to fly under the radar. LOVE YOU...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote