View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #333
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Unhappy Kat in the Delta

I had the basic Adrimy/Cytox..weekly and all the hair came out.. which was not too bad..
Before THAT.. I had a Masectomy.. on my Rt. Breast.. That was in Apr. 05..
Well then the IV's started.. and I thing I tried to be was--TOO brave and Tough-Looking on the OUTSIDE, anyway... went to all but the first ones..of chemo alone..
I was suppose to have 12 Taxols.. weekly ..but that is when HERCEPTIN was first introduced to US who had not HAD CANCER.. before.. I thought it might be a miracle... at first.. and when the ONC asked me if I wanted to try it.. I said .. YES.. not knowing ANYTHING about the DRUG HERCEPTIN.. a mistakes on my part for NEVER even Reading the Package Insert.. I just thought the Onc WAS the Expert... so I went along..adding the Herceptin with my 7th of 12 treatment of Taxol.. Well, Taxol was over after 12 weeks..but the Onc decided to catch ME UP ON THE HERCEPTIN by giving me 6 more Weekly doses of IT before I had the Whole year.. of HERCEPTIN which all were doing... as far as I knew.. I did not know of Heart Problems then... and I did not realize that the patient was suppose to have their Heart scanned with a Muga or Echo.BEFORE ADRIAmy..then again BEFORE HERCEPTIN>>> Then, while on HERCEPTIN>> we are or were suppose to be scanned.at LEAST....every 3 mos..and
IF THEIR HEART WAS - NOT STRONG ENOUGH IN THE FIRST PLACE TO EVEN BE GETTING HERCEPTIN..// Well, WE or YOU should WAIT and Build your HEART UP first.. before getting IT at all..
... Well , I had LOTS OF aches and pains.. all over.. I felt a Nawing aches just about every place on my body.!!. and I I am thin... and my ankles were always ao Tender to touch...still are...and so
SWollen...then... and still swell today....... I was out of breath.. and my mind went to pott......... My husband and sons.. just thougt I was acting.. .... They STILL DO... THEY SAID AS SOON AS I DID NOT GET ANY MORE IV"S..... That I WAS FAKING , and they are Pharmacists , a Comptroller and an ATTORNEY..and the MUSICIAN>> I get little sympathy..... I an OUTNUMBERED ... as you see......
--back to my story....
MY ONC. first noticed some brown patches on my swollen ankles..and I told him it was probably the self-tanner I had used..and it wasn't coming off.... Well IT HAS NEVER COME OFF.. I had already been once to the Dermatologist..- had a basal cell carcinoma removed.. , and when the Brown patches did not go away.. I went back... thinking the worst.... He told me that IT Was MY CIRCULATION
and the my heart was not pumping effeciently..(wise older MD.).
..and the Brown patches were left over deposits of Iron...
The Elderly Dermo.. knew alot.. so he gave me an extra fluid pill to boost the Maxides diurected.. I was already taking.
During Herceptin I had to take the STRONGEST diurectic.. because of my poor little, but SWollen patchy ankles.. My mind was also worse.. as I could not organize a THING..
WE had sold OUR house of many years.. and moved into my husband's parents*deceased then. ... House in the same town.
. & THAT WAS THE WORSE MISTAKE ....--I worked hard with some spanish people laying tile and painting ..etc.. after taking care of of my husbands poor elderly sick parents..and I taught school , too.. Hard to believe what ALL I DID a few yrs back... HISTORY NOW !!
After agreeing to move .. I had MY things,, my IN LAWS old things.. boys back and forth .. from college..... always leaving a trail or host of things... behind dumped in this house... Adding to the NOW PILES UPON PILES >> OF THINGS<< BOxes.. and who knows what.. is WHERE>> ANYMORE>> I have just about given UP..I am TIRED... I did this for so.. LONG>.... I am ready to retire from all major housework.. My husband never turned on a washing machine or even the dishwasher.. and didn't know how.. I know he stilll hasn't turned the dishwasher on... Maybe or Not the Washing machine... he goes to the Cleaners... a lot..........
I went from a 4 bedr;;to a 2 bedr..one... with 3 sons....
..and 4 dogs...
My husband just told me my cancer has been over.. and to STOP LOOKING at this site..
the truth is I don't get on this.. ..as much as I used to and stopped completely a while back.............
but have found This site to be the BEST PLACE..
Last time.. HE said /// to STOP Typing NOW>>. HE NEVER even sleeps with me.. and will not take me anywhere.. because it takes me NOW.. a lot ...hrs... longer.. to do things.. The computer is in HIS BEDROOM.. I usually sleep on the couch.. but my middle son has finished Law School ... and takes my place.. so the Packed 2nd bedroom is now my hole. I hafta push the ruble to make room for my 100 lbs body... I am 53..and our marriage is on the edge...
LISTEN TO
www. Y-ME.org and go to the Sharering Network Telephone Conference... tomorrow late PM or for me at 7 PM...Central .. It is on REALATIONSHIPS.... , so please remind me or YOU ALL PLEASE LISTEN IF HE STOPS ME FROM DOING SO>>

It would have been better if I HAD DIED... is all I see in HIS EYES>> and he conveys this message of
my DISABILITIES OF THE AFER EFFECT of CHEMO to my sons===--------.all in their 20's---PRAY FOR ME THAT they can see thru HIS CRUDE remarks... gotta go now gang.. THE BOSS RULES THE ROOST>>> I am now a dead person to HIM...an albatross.........
Please e=mail me any helpful advice on my declining mental state and declining MARRIED LIFE.........

I accept any MEN.. or ladies.. advice ,
and register at thewww.Y-Me.org site.. for the conference on the Tele..for this WED DEC. 19th.. on relationships..
There is also one around lunch time on the ASCO.. findings.. meetins.. around lunchtime.. check at www.cancercare.com or org.. can't remember ..which.. ...

Kat in the depressing Delta
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote