View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 02:19 AM   #332
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Smile Kat in the Delta

Dear ..tube... I have chemobrain..
so I couldn't remember your whole name.. sorry.. but,
How are you doing now? Has your heart recovered? What were your Numbers on the last echo-cardio. you had ?? What was your left Ventricle Output?( not sure of the initials..of the LV...=maybe 3-lettered) but tells you how your heart is functioning... You may have even had a blood test.. that may have detected.. something wrong..like (CHF)let me know....
I agree with Andi that you should get an Echo every 3 mos..but MORE OFTEN if you have problems...like you did.. I think ... some Oncs do not know this and that the Herceptin can be stopped ... or diluted.. for a while.. until your heart builds itself...back up.
I have read recently that , in the long run, the researchers are finding that Herceptin does
more Heart dammage down the road , or (early.).as in your case, ...than they thought..
It may be why I have Chemobrain..
It is Probably the LACK OF OXYGEN to my BRAIN..... from getting the Adriamycin, radiation and then Herceptin..I took 12 weekly.. then 1 every 3 weeks at a strong level for the next whole year.
Now, I cannot even think straight or clean up this house.. I think the MORE of these bad chemos..you get the worse you are.. OR really how these drugs affect each of us personally.
Now, that I have finished the IV's ..(can't remember the date.... but it has been a while now...,
my men(husband& 3 sons), give me these terrible downcasted.. looks of disgust...
I did not choose to be like this.. like THEY think...!!!!!!. I wish I COULD go to work.. but I'd never get there.
It is .so frustrating to be like this !!!
I am unvocused... I am so slow..now. I feel like I am 83..but just 53... I used to go to the gym 5 x's a week....and/or Walk.. I have got to make myself.. somehow get going...little by little.... I think this would help my HEART too.-- better than some unknown 3rd pill as I already take Norvasc..and a diurectic...now...
I do get frustrated..with... ME.. being this way, and with them complaining about what ALL I am NOT doing...
It gets down right oppressive around here.. !!
They want me to be mopping and cooking and cleaning and .. acting like SUPERwoman.. in this messy house. The fact is that ..I can NOT do things as before..,
and NEVER WILL BE THE SAME.!!!

They DO NOT TRY TO UNDERSTAND, and will never understand....
I also think that MDs just give too many RX's...and should give you just one at a time... and look at any other ailments you have had in the past... I have had reynauds syndrome, and I know I do NOT want to be given
a BETA BLOCKER..heart med.
I am NO EXPERT on Heart meds.., though..but read the warning of each heart med. that you are, or were given...
I am so sorry it is in your Bones....
Where and When did the C. appear in your bones.. ???
Hope you are doing better ..heartwise..now. That also scares me more than C., but - you are now the wiser one.. on that..
How are you feeling today ???
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers...
R.S.V.P.
Kat
in the delta
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote