View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #27
madubois63

Thank you all once again for the love and support that shines through your posts so much. I am home from the hospital - just 3 days this time. 3 weeks ago, it was 5 days. They didn't do a liver biopsy as planned because I am responding so well to the steroids - yeah. Numbers are almost back to normal. They did drain my lung and took out just over a liter of fluid. The fluid is clear and like last time, no cancer. I still do have 2 or 3 little spots on the outside of my right lung, but am still getting Herceptin for that. I am confident that that will go away soon. While they were draining my lung, they nicked my lung - turned out it was just a small scratch and is healing well. I probably won't be able to get the hip replacements until the fall when I get my strength fully back, but I have to say I do feel pretty good. My girlfriend got a new 4 wheel drive truck an has never been 4-wheeling on the beach. Plans for the next week are to teach her driving on the beach...I look very forward to this!!! I also have been teaching my daughter to drive and have to get her passed the road test mid month. I hope everyone has plans to do something that doesn't involve cancer for the holiday. Last 4th of July I sat in my window on the 19th floor of the hospital and watched the fire works along the south shore of Long Island. This year it may just be hamburgers on the bbq and a game of scrabble with my kids. I am so truly blessed...the little things mean everything!! Love to all...
Adriomycin Cytoxin Taxol
Tamoxifen 4 1/2 yrs
Radiation - 32 x
Metastatic BC lung/liver 10/04
thorocentesis 2x - pleurodesis
Herceptin Taxatiere Carbo
Femera/Lupron
BC NED 4/05
chemo induced Acute Myeloid Leukemia 5/06
Induction/consolidation chemo
bone marrow transplant - 11/3/06
Severe Host vs Graft Disease of liver