View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #8
ymryan

Re: Terrible time with Taxotere??

Hi Suzanne,

I have completed 3 cycles of TCH. Following treatment, days 2-6 are the worst for me. I don't have the same level of pain you describe. Instead, I feel much like I have the flu. I am sick to my stomach, my stomach hurts, no foods/drinks are appealing to me, and I have all over body aches and pains (the type where it is hard to get comfortable). My doctor has prescribed me medicine to help with the nausea. However, I cope with the pain by taking ibuprofen and a nap (when my body lets me know I need one). I also make sure I get in a small walk in the morning and in the afternoon (even if all I do is walk to bathroom down the hall instead of the one closest to the sofa). I agree with the others that for some crazy reason movement helps with pain management (at least the pain that I experience). The other thing that I've noticed is that my body does not react the same way with every treatment. I had many more body aches and pains following my 1st treatment than I did with my 2nd and 3rd treatments. Hopefully that gives you some hope. Best wishes for diminished pain.

Nov 09 - Grade 3 IDC + Grade 3 DCIS, ER/PR-, HER2+++, KI-67 91%; BRAC 1 and 2 negative
Dec 09 - Mastectomy LB, 2.4 cm, 1/27 nodes, Stage IIB
Jan 10 - Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin (TCH) for 18 weeks (1X every 3 weeks); Herceptin every week for 18 weeks then every 3 weeks 'til week 51
Apr 10 - Blood transfusion to increase red blood cells
Apr 10 - Change regimen to Taxotere/Cisplatin/Herceptin
May 10 - Chemo done!
Jul 10 - Brain MRI normal
Dec 10 - PET scan NED
Dec 30 10 - Last Herceptin
Feb 11 - Port removed
ymryan is offline   Reply With Quote