View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #9
janet/FL

Sex and vitamin D--

I had bso-tah--meaning they took ovaries, uterus and since it was cancer--they took 20 lypmh nodes. I had been on supplemental progesterone estradoil--the kind that was thought to prevent cancer from occurring. I then went on an estrogen patch that was not linked with breast cancer. I got that. Before the BC diagnosis I had been on testosterone Gel for a time. Definitely worked wonders on my libido.
After breast cancer--I had no interest in sex. I think my mind had really turned me off to it--and shut me down. I was so used to being scared--I really didn't want my body touched. The reason I say this, is that my mind is now saying!!! what about sex???? I hate to say this, because no one contacted me about Second Life from my post on it, but I think that that has caused a big turn around. In Second Life I am a hot chick about age 32 who has never had cancer, knee surgery or even a cold.
I get to go out and dance and flirt and have fun. And my mind is saying--hey, grab your husband--he is in real life--and go for it!! Now I think Marijuana would do the same thing--(I did try it as a friend had given me a tiny amount and more might have been better) but Second Life is legal. The body is amazing how it can work around certain problems--like dryness. Mine did! If you were never a flirt, or never danced--there are other things in SL you might enjoy. Unfortunately, you do need a pretty good computer and some type of high speed connection. And you can let me know if you are interested as it can be a difficult program to get around in. In real life--I don't flirt. Been married thirty years.

And about vitamin D--the main subject for this thread ;-) My doc, not an oncologist gave me a liquid vitamin D Mycelle D3.
http://www.totaldiscountvitamins.com...ubfolderID=491
Lumpectomy 12/2004
Stage 1, 9mm DCIS, grade 2, Her2+++, ER/PR negative
Refused A/C as recommened by two oncs.
35 treatments of radiation that ended March 4, 2005
Changed oncologists and began
Taxotere/Herceptin August 2005. Finished Herceptin July 2006
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote