View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
AlaskaAngel

Red face getting what we need

Hi Janet!

Maybe it is the combination of daily exposure + sunshine that makes some difference? I don't know.... My personal example isn't the best (today is quite dark with falling snow here). Ever since diagnosis in 2001/2002 I have forced myself if there is any sun at all to go out in my swimsuit.... even if all I can stand is 10 minutes in the cold! I do take both the vitamin D that is in a multivitamin plus separately vitamin D3 pills, and some magnesium and calcium also in addition to what is in the multivitamin. Weightbearing exercise is what "pulls" the minerals into the bones (and I need to do more of that...)

Thanks for the suggestion on the article in Prevention. Five years ago there was no attention being paid to the problem even though so many women were stuck with it, and I am glad to see that various more serious attempts are being made to address it. Hopefully the best attempt of all will be finding out who benefits from treatment and who doesn't. My friend who died got zero benefit out of treatment and instead was stuck with the problem on top of knowing she would die of bc. I would have given an awful lot to have saved her from even just that loss in the time she had left.

AlaskaAngel
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote