View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #19
DeenaH

Re: Tykerb/ herception in stage 3a locally advanced patients

I definitely would not want to risk being on a placibo. I talked to my onc again today about the fight to get Lapatinib approved by my insurance. She told me she is all set to get the drug company to help her fight the insurance company. She believes it is medically necessary for me since so much cancer was left behind after chemo/Herceptin. She seems pretty confident that she will win the fight in the end. I just hope it doesn't take too long! I start rads Monday, and my onc is still not sure she wants me on Lapatinib during rads because of skin toxicity. I am still hoping she gets it authorized so I can start on it ASAP.

As for the ALLTO trial, I wouldn't want to give up Herceptin to be on the trial. I want to be on both Herceptin and Lapatinib at the same time. I wonder how long it will be before it is approved for earlier stages. Anyone know?
August 20, 2010: PET/CT showed no cancer in any nodes, and only a little uptake to the breast.
September 9, 2010: Bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction with implants and Alloderm.
September 16, 2010: Pathology report showed 18/51 positive axillary nodes, 3.2cm tumor. Granual sized cancer found in the fatty tissue between levels 1 and 2.
October 19, 2010: CT showed several spots on lungs and 1 spot on liver. Liver spot is 2mm, lung spots range from 2mm to 4mm. We don't know if they are cancer or not.
12/15/10: Brain MRI clear
1/7/11: PET/CT
1/13/11: Recurrence in lungs. Start Tykerb
5/13/11: Progression in lungs
6/3/11: Lung surgery to get tumors for chemosensitivity testing.
DeenaH is offline   Reply With Quote