Thread: Reconstruction
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
Sandra in GA

Re: Reconstruction

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. I did see my plastic surgeon and they removed one of the three drains. I also got an explanation for the strange sensations. On the way down, I had even noticed this tiglhtness under my arm when trying to disengage the seat belt. It seems that the culprit is the muscle which was moved from my back to my chest while remaining intack in the back area. It thinks it is still in my back! He had me put my arm down and reach forward. That muscle that now runs under my arm gave a very strong contraction. The dr said that sometimes patients still "feel" sensations in their back when something is going on on their chest. With time, my brain should relearn this! I just hope my brain (65) isn't too old to handle this new info! Oh, well, as long as I know everything is intact and within the norm, I am okay. We are staying down here (Mayo at Jacksonville) until tomorrow when I will see my opthmologist and perhaps get rid of one more drain. Thanks again to everyone~
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote