View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 07:45 AM   #11
Lolly

Joy, my acne-rash is finally clearing up over the last couple of days. I started seeing the first "pimples" by the 3-4th day on Tykerb, and after the first week my face, neck, upper chest, right upper arm and across my upper back were pretty well covered, with my face being the worst. It wasn't really too uncomfortable but not a pretty picture!
This is the second week of the rash, and it's finally clearing up. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but I started putting "Bag Balm" on it, and it really seemed to help. It's a salve for cow's udders when they become cracked and sore from being milked, and my mother-in-law,who grew up on a farm, told me about it years ago when my babies had diaper rash; it really works well for that! I've been using it on my hands also, as I've been getting cracks on the ends of my fingers, and it's healing those too.
I don't know where you'd find it in your part of the country but up here in Oregon it's in most drugstores and also feed and farm supply stores.
Maybe it will save you from the "old toad woman" fate!

<3 Lolly
Sept.'99 - Dx.Stage IIIB, IDC ER/PR-, HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed '04 by FISH. Left MRM, AC x's 4, Taxol x's 4, 33 Rads, finishing Tx May 2000. Jan.'01 - local/regional recurrence, Stage IV. Herceptin/Navelbine weekly till NED August 2001, then maintenance Herceptin. Right Mast. April 2002. Local/Regional recurrence April '04, Herceptin plus/minus chemo until May '07. Gemzar added from Feb.'07-April '07; Tykerb/Abraxane until August '07, back on Herceptin plus Taxotere and Xeloda Sept. '07. Stopped T/X Nov. '07, stopped Herceptin Dec. '07, started Avastin/Taxol/Carboplatin Dec. '07. Progression in chest skin, stopped TAC March '03, started radiation.

Herceptin has served as the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy for over 6 years, giving me great quality of life. In 2005, I was privileged to participate in the University of Washington/Seattle HER2 Vaccine Trial.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote