View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #39
Sherryg683

OK, but this may sound bad but I eat what I want. I had a brownie for breakfast this morning, that means I won't have much of a lunch. I do this more for keeping the weight down than worrying about feeding the cancer. In my heart, I really don't think that what you eat or don't causes cancer. There are too many vegeterians, neutrionalists, etc..who have come down with cancer. Many people with almost zero fat content on their body who never ate sugar. I think cancer is genetic, mostly and bad luck the other half. I am not going to worry myself to death over every thing I put into my body. That's just not living. I don't eat a lot of fats but I never had because of the weight thing. I do take tumeric, grape seed and green tea extract consistantly. I have been NED almost 2 years now and am too supersitious to stop what I have been doing, including having that occaisional donut for breakfast and reeses peanut butter cup. Life's too short to do without the good things completely. I'd hate to have my dying wishes be "man I wish I would have had that last piece of cake"...sherryg

Diagnosed: December , 2005 at age 44
13+ positive lymph nodes
Stage IV , Her2+, 2 small mets to lungsChemo Started: Jan, 2006
4 months Taxotere, Xeloda, Hercepin
NED since April 2006!!
36 Rads to follow with weekly Herceptin indefinately
8 years NED now
Scans every year

Life is not about avoiding the thunderstorms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote