View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #154
iamlisaann

Smile Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Hi everyone,
I've recently rediscovered her2support. It's been awhile since I've been on here but know the importance of letting the sisterhood know updates. When I updated my status last I don't believe I even had my first surgery...oh how time flies. Well, after all of this, my most recent scans Dec 1st show NED.

My story:
I'm now 46. First diagnosed at 41 ER/PR neg, Her2+++, fish pos. No history of breast cancer or any cancer for that matter in my family. June 06 found lump in right breast, size of a walnut & felt lump under right armpit. Grew to 4.7cm in a very short time. July 06 diagnosed Stage IV BC also large node (3.3cm) right axilla & small liver METS. Started neoadjuvent chemo 8/06. 4 X Adriam/Cytox., 12 weeks Taxol/Herceptin weekly. Will continue Herceptin for 1 year. Right Breast Lumpectomy and Lymph node dissection 6/07 and 36 rounds of radiation. Complete clinical remission!?!? During Herceptin treatment discovered Brain Mets 4.7cm frontal lobe. Decided it was time to leave my town and head to UCSF (where my breast surgery was performed). Brain
surgery 1/08 and 5 days of Cyberknife to follow. Met with my new UCSF Oncologist 3/08 and started Avastin/Tykerb trial 4/08. Continue Brain MRI and CT Scans Thorax every 3-4 months. Treatment every 2 weeks. To date NED.

I've been reading such wonderful inspirational posts on here and hopefully I can be an inspiration to some of you as well.

Keep up the fight!

Lisa
iamlisaann is offline   Reply With Quote