View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #19
Gabrielle

Smile

Natalie,

All my prayers and best wishes go out to you.

When I was diagnosed, the fear that I wouldn't live to see my kids grow up was gut-wrenching and primal. I prayed that I would make it. I did. It was 6.5 years ago and my son and daughter were 12 and 9, respectively. Now, they are 18 and 15. So, I know how difficult this is.

I prayed to God. I told him I didn't know how to die -- I only knew how to live and if he was ok with it that's what I intended to do. Take each day one at a time; and live it. When my son turned 17, I kept an excel spreadsheet calendar on my desktop, marking off each week until he turned 18. That was the magic number for me because once he turned 18, I knew he could keep the house and take care of his sister. My husband had heart failure a few years after my diagnosis and I wasn't sure he would make it.

He and I are still here. We made it. I pray you will too -- there are new exciting advances in care each year for bc. I will look forward to reading your survivor posts for many many years to come. Hugs to you, your Gabrielle and your kids.

Thanks too to all the other lovely women here who have also posted in response. Long years of good health to all!

P.S. Still NED!
Gabrielle is offline   Reply With Quote