View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
Pam P

Re: Starting Halaven & other updates - long overdue

Jessica - I was so glad to see your post. I've been thinking of you and worrying too since there was no update. You've had so much going on.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad and I hope that he can gain back more strength and independence. I'm currently on Halaven and it has worked well so far. I have scans this week - like you I'm not sure I want to know the results.

I hope Halaven will work wonders for you - I'm sure it will. And not being in a trial you can't get pulled off just to fit their criteria.

Your comments about disorganization and lack of attention in trial settings gives me lots to think about. I've been considering applying for tdm1 in case the scans this week show halaven no longer working. I'd have to travel out of state and would dearly miss the care of my doc and chemo nurses who give me such personal attention. Wish we knew when that drug will be approved.

So encouraging to hear how well the trial drugs worked for you to stop those mets. Now may Halaven clean up all the rest of the new, remaining, and questionable spots.

Your strength is an inspiration to me. You've really kept strong through this last year and I pray this year will be so much easier on you. Peace, Pam
2/02 tamoxifen
9/02 stage IV bone mets femara
1/03 taxotere/herceptin/aredia
6/03 herceptin, aredia & faslodex
1/04 navelbine, herceptin, aredia
2/05 herceptin/aredia
7/05 xeloda/herceptin/aredia
3/07 xeloda/tykerb/aredia
5/08 taxol/avastin/aredia
2/09 gemzar/herceptin/zometa
7/09 Taxol/Carbo/Herceptin, zometa
10/09 navelbine/herceptin & zometa