View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:53 AM   #16
Paula O

Re: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

"When I was in the hospital after my cancer surgery, a friend came into my room and told me God was going to teach me great things through this trial. I wanted to take the IV out of my arm, stab it in hers, and tell her, 'You get in the bed and learn great things from God, because I don't want to learn this way'.

If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer, I doubt you're rejoicing over the possibilities of what you can learn from suffering. But I hope you are praying and believing that God can touch you. Wherever you are. Right where you are:
*Newly diagnosed and in shock, praying there's been some mistake.
*Facing surgery, praying the doctor can get it all.
*Undergoing tests, praying for some good news finally.
*Dealing with a recurrence, praying it's been found soon enough.
*At the end of medical hope, praying for a little more time.
*Holding the hand of a loved one, praying to be strong for them."
--Lynn Eib in "When God and Cancer Meet" http://www.allbookstores.com/search?...o.x=10&Go.y=12

Romans 8:26-28

New Living Translation (NLT)

26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Romans 8:28

The Message (MSG)

26-28 Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our condition, and keeps us present before God. That’s why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.