Thread: TDM1 Trial
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
Unregistered

Re: TDM1 Trial

adriana,

there are a number of different trials with TDM1, as a single agent, in combination with other things, and some with crossover to adding pertuzumab. They are seeing good results as single agent (these trials have been going on longer, so there is more data) and I hear that early indications are favorable in other combinations as well.

It is confusing that there are SO MANY TDM1 trials, but I think they are going for the most data, and the best chance of getting this drug to market. Maybe even by the end of the year! So there are going to be options.

I've been on TDM1 studies for a little over 2 years with great success. The cancer didn't like it much at all - and although it is a more toxic (for me) agent for side effects than plain herceptin, it is very very tolerable. It will be a great option. I'm also very interested in pertuzumab (which Roche/Genentech is also putting in every trial they can think of, it seems) as it seems to interfere with the HEr2/Her3 activity which is thought to be very important.

So it's confusing, but I think in a good way - lots of options in the pipeline!
Chrisy