View Single Post
Old 04-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #16
RobinTN

Hi I am new here.Today is my first day.I have been reading and reading all day all of your posts and am so thankful to find this board.How I admire all of you ladies.

I am 44,an RN and was diagnosed at 42 with inflammatory bc stage 4,w/mets to nodes and liver in 2 areas even my onc didnt give me much hope.But I had chemo,herceptin,double mastectomy,radiofrequency ablation on the liver and just finished rads friday and am on arimidex and have a repeat PET for tuesday and how I pray that goes well.

I just wanted to give a little background of myself.I have never worn porsthesis.
When I go out I am flat and I to have a tummie buldge,but I am as comfortable as I can get for just finishing rads.I have to wait for 6 months before having recon and have no intention of wearing a bra ever again unless I have to.
I also stopped wearing hats,wigs,ets as soon as I got a 5 o'clock shadow.
With all I have been thru I could care less if people stare at me.
I read a saying once from someone on another board that said "I may be fat,and I may be fat,but thank God I am alive".That quote changed my whole outlook on life.

I am honored to meet all of you and cant wait to share and learn from all of you.

Don't Give Up,Look Up!
RobinTN is offline   Reply With Quote