View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #54
thinkpositive

Re: Went for mammo and cancer has returned...

Linn,

I hope you have a better day today. It is understandable to have days when you just feel down. This whole cancer thing is an emotional roller coaster. For me, when I get to feeling down I try to think of all of the things that I have to be grateful for and all of the things that make me happy. Some things are pretty simple: enjoying the sun on my skin, cuddling up with my kitties, drinking my coffee. I think of my friend who was paralyzed in a skiing accident. One of the things she misses the most is just being able to sip on a cup of coffee. I'm grateful today that I CAN.

I'm going to do what I can to beat this cancer thing It may be that my life isn't going to be as long as some folks as a result of this disease. I cant control that. What I can do is to enjoy the days that I do have and focus on being positive rather than wasting the time I do have feeling down.

There is so much we have to be grateful for including all of the treatments that are available to us. Much progress has been made and continues to be made in HER2 treatments that will benefit folks like us.

Hope you have a good day today and know that I'm thinking about you and sending positive energy your way.

Brenda
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote