View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #433
DianneS

Herceptin questions

Hi all - again,

I posted a thread about Herceptin related side effects not realizing that this thread was so long! I thought the last responses were in '06. Duh. Good that I found the rest of the thread...chemo brain....

I have the nice leg and feet cramps. My family doc gave me a prescription for compression hose, which helps and also helps with the possibility of getting varicose veins. Apparently chemo damages the valves in esp. the legs, causing legs/feet to swell and veins to burst....chemo, the gift that keeps on giving, eh? I'm hoping this is temporary.

Diarrhea almost daily, slowed down somewhat with aloe vera juice mixed with any other kind of juices. 2 ozs a day. Seems to help with acid reflux as well.

I seem to have an all-over achiness in the early morning hours. It disrupts my sleep. But once I"m up and walking around I'm ok. I'm on Herceptin only after finishing 5.5 sessions of Taxotere and Carboplatin March 12. My most recent Herceptin was April 23. I get them every 3 weeks.

Besides the side effects mentioned above, I get a rash in different spots, mostly on my legs.
Dry eyes alternating with runny eyes and nose, fatigue. Some days I feel almost normal but then it feels like someone took my batteries out - my energy just goes!

Is there any evidence to show that doing 9 months or a year of Herceptin makes any difference? I think I read that in Europe, they are finding that 9 months does as much good as a year? I'd like to get off of this stuff.

I think my diagnosis will show up at the bottom....if not, it is:

DCIS 50%, IDC, right breast, 2.1 cm tumor, no vascular invasion or lymphatic invasion found, bilateral mastectomies done 9/08, Stage 1 or 2A (because of tumor size) Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin begun Nov/08, completed March 12, still doing Herceptin x 3 weeks....yuck.....

Thanks all,
Diannes
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote