Thread: Our Anniversary
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
TriciaK

Re: Our Anniversary

Dear Christine and Joe, Congratulations on eight years of service to our her2 community! You have given so much hope and understanding to those who come here to share their fears, their feelings, and their love with one another. I know I am not the only one who feels such appreciation and gratitude. I don't remember just how I found this website, but I remember how afraid and confused I was in 2004 when my oncologist told me that I had cancer again for the third time, and that it was "her2" this time--more aggressive and fast acting. I was told that I would have had only a few months to live if the her2 cancer had not been discovered accidently during a CT scan after my heart attack in June of 2004. I didn't have a clue what "her2" meant, and he didn't really explain, but he did tell me there was a new treatment called herceptin that could very well save my life. We started the herceptin immediately, along with navelbine. My heart worsened after 15 months but the cancer was under control and has remained so for 5 years. During that time this website has given me so much comfort and information about her2 cancer. Hopefully through the years I have been able to give back to others a little of what I have recieved. Reading messages from others here has touched my heart. I have seen the courage of others as they have faced the unknown, and I have wept for those who have left us. As I have prayed I have been able to let go of some of my own fear and pain. I will never forget you or those courageous warriors I have met here. Thank you so much for what you have given us! We are truly grateful. Hugs, TriciaK

Last edited by TriciaK; 12-24-2009 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: mispelled word
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote