View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #10
Bill

Wink

Hi Tonya, i know the not sleeping thing can be miserable. You've already gotten alot of great advice from the sisters. I think trying to reduce the premed steroid a little might help. Just a couple thoughts from me. I don't know what your routine is after chemo., and I know you have young children, but maybe, on chemo nights, if you don't already, you could just slip into a nice, hot bath, with fragrant candles lit and nice soft music playing, and after your bath, take an Ambien or melatonin tablet with a soothing cup of herbal tea and slip right into bed (Maybe preheated with an electric blanket) Your husband seems like a wonderful man. Perhaps on chemo. night, if it works for you and your family, it could be "pizza and movie night" or whatever, for him and the kids while you relax. I have sleep apnea, and we used to let our Rottweiler, Wyatt, sleep in our bedroom, and he would bang around all night, and once I went to sleep and then "got woke up" I had a terrible time going back to sleep. If this is similar to your situation, maybe your husband could "camp out" with the kids in the living room and give you more quiet time in the bedroom as you try to relax. Uh oh, please don't think I'm comparing your husband to a big dog, because I'm not, I just meant if you have the room to yourself and go through a relaxation process, you might be able to relax and stay asleep better. Nikki used to play a CD of "ocean music" set to replay over and over of waves crashing on the beach, gulls, etc. and it was soothing and relaxing. Also, if changing your day of treatment might help, consider that. Love and prayers to you, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote