View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Rolepaul

Re: attn: Rolepaul, Marvass et al Review article on IT herceptin stresses need 4 ClT

Okay, the real issue I have is that the single dose level evaluated in the 17 patients is generally lower than therapeutic levels. An initial dosing is needed at 40 mg or so to get rid of the more easily terminated cells. Starting with the higher dose results in edema and swelling of the brain. Then the dose needs to increased to 1.50 mg/kg of body weight to get rid of the cells that are more difficult to reach due to folding, scar tissue, or other reasons.
Nina has had 40 mg weekly for 8 weeks, 80 mgs weekly for 12 weeks, 100 mgs every two weeks for 26 weeks, and 100 mgs every four weeks for 16 weeks. She is alive and healthy with no signs of disease in the brain or spine 16 months after start of disease (we had a false positive on Monday, that was re-read Monday night and declared as no presence of disease by two more experience radiology people). This treatment regimen is expensive, but it has been effective in a one patient study! Nina drives her car, goes to yoga, travels to Houston by plane on her own for treatment, works on the computer, etc. She has some pain at night in the hamstrings, but that is probably due to sitting too much and not drinking enough water.
IT Pertuzumab will start clinical trials soon. That will have the higher dose studies that IT Herceptin has not had yet in a clinical trial.
I will not let this disease have my wife. I hate to lose. As Bonnie Tyler said in her song, "I need a hero"! Find your hero and get the emotional and tech knowledge support to fight the dragon.
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote