View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
Mandamoo

Re: Ketogenic Diets for Cancer

Thank you for this post - I have been reading about this for a few weeks now and find it very interesting. What I am a little confused about is that ketogenic diets focus on fat being about 80% of your calories which seems to contradict the other study cited. I understand the Role of insulin and can see how when you look at the entire population of people with breast cancer the are a significant proportion that are overweight and may already have existing metabolic disorders and issues but what about younger, fitter women of normal weight - how does it work here? I have been making changes in the past few weeks to follow mor of the diet recommended here - already I have lost 4kg and that is not really my aim as I am not overweight. I am continuing to read and find this very interesting.
In this study (which may be the on above but I can't read it) http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/8/1/54 even though it is a small sample I thought the results impressive.
It seems most of the data relates to brain disease and cancer - would love to see more on other cancers.
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote