View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 12:37 AM   #4
Lani

Ski Bunny

I review Pub Med five days a week (they don't add anything Sunday or Monday) on breast cancer, as well as Breast cancer research and periodically Artemis (from Johns Hopkins), aacr publications, nci publications, and get on the list for various newsletters.

I look when conferences are being held and try to look up abstracts, news releases resulting from the conferences.

I read the BBC site daily and health information in the Wall St. Journal (lets me know when applications are made for fast-track approval, when FDA approvals occur) as well as Medscape News.

And that is just for breast cancer. I am helping several people with other problems research treatment possibilities including prostate cancer, esophageal cancer and avascular necrosis of the hip at the moment (it changes as different people ask me to research different things for them)

Tonight I just returned from a webcast simulcast of Dr. Mark Pegram and Dr. Cliff Hudis on her2 breast cancer--including the discussion of a lot of planned clinical trials of lapatinib with and without herceptin, Lapatinib and an AI, avastin and a taxane etc for early breast cancer.

They also discussed how they might treat the very elderly with herceptin and antihormonal therapy without chemo (I am trying to inform an 84 year old with her2+ breast cancer of her options).

They made it sound like there are going to be lots of important new revelations in San Antonio.

Let's hope so!
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote