View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #95
Savta

Re: Neratinib Clinical Trial

I am glad to report that I am nearing the half way mark--almost six months since I started the trial. The first month or two were pretty difficult. But I just kept in mind that I was doing all I could to prevent recurrance. I still have a few bouts of diarrhea two or three times a week. But I can say, it NEVER prevented me to do the things I wanted to do. I travel, and go on outings--always checking out where the rest rooms are--but I carry on. And I know that whatever lies ahead, I have done as much as I can to stay well.
Another thing--after seeing the movie "Living Proof" I kept thinking where we would all be if those women hadn't taken part in the early trials for Herceptin. Before I began, I made up my mind that there was also a moral obligation to do all I could, to make sure my daughter, and granddaughters would have a cure--if G-d forbid, they needed it.
It's easy to be optimistic when you're feeling good--and like I said, I never felt I couldn't cope. But if you'll refer back to one of my earlier posts--after one month on the trial--I admitted that 11 months seemed a long way off.
Here's hoping that the decision you make is the best one for you.
Savta is offline   Reply With Quote