View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #3
Tan

Hi Carol,
My name is Tan and I work for Ricochet, a television production company. We are making a documentary series for Channel 4 looking at the impact on family life when a mother gets cancer. I was very moved by your eloquent post about your concerns as a mum and how you have kept positive in the face of uncertainty.

The film, will follow mums who have been diagnosed with secondary and advanced cancer dealing with the uncertainty that such a diagnosis implies; preparing their husbands for the possibility of a future with out their support by writing a manual on how to run the household and how to care for the children, making memory boxes and doing fun memory activities with the kids.

Julie Stokes, consultant clinical psychologist and chief executive of the children's charity Winston's Wish, will be appearing in the documentary using her decades of experience to help the families navigate the emotional ups and downs of living with a life threatening illness. Essentially, it will be a positive film about what it means to be a mother, and what it's like to have to consider passing on aspects of this role to someone else in order to keep the routines and rituals of family life constant, whilst never giving up hope.

If this sounds like something that you'd like to know more about you can ring me on 01273 224 800 or email me on tanveer.bari@ricochet.co.uk

Best Wishes,

Tan.
Tan is offline   Reply With Quote