View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #10
annettchen

Re: news from ASCO-- some joyous, some a downer--may set things back a bit

Hi Phil, thanks for your message!

I think the fact that the combo is so new may be part of the issue - I believe she simply does not really know what to expect since I'm her only patient with my diagnosis currently on it (not her fault of course, even though I do feel somewhat "guinea pig-ish" and not sure I'm too happy about that). There was a suggestion I should go off the current combo after the 3rd round because the sclerotic margins that had started forming around the met in the spine were considered progress...
Luckily, I have access to another onco abroad (she was involved in the trials for this combo in Germany). And my onco here contacted Princess Margret and colleagues in another hospital in Toronto to discuss her findings. The second and third opinions were opposite to the initial take - they basically said all they found is GOOD news, not bad. Wait and see - had #4 last week, there will be another check after #6.

I have heard about T-DM1, and I'm VERY happy it was such a great drug for your wife! I hope she's feeling well and going strong! It was approved in Canada as second line only a couple of weeks ago, so should I need it, I should be able to get it "the regular way". Still, I would rather get some more time out of first line, if I can...

Annette
04/2014: Started 6 cycles of "PHD" (Perjeta, Herceptin, Docetaxol)
07/2014: Finished 6 cycles of PHD; restaging; 2 bone mets are sclerotic - looks like Herceptin and Perjeta is working
10/2014: STABLE!
01/2015: STABLE!
04/2015: STABLE!
08/2015: STABLE!
12/2015: BRAIN METS. BODY STABLE.
annettchen is offline   Reply With Quote