View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #5
phil

Re: news from ASCO-- some joyous, some a downer--may set things back a bit

Lani - any word at ASCO on the Marianne trial with T DM-1 ? I am still hopeful that many more her2 can be perhaps " cured " by earlier tx with t dm-1. I wonder what Lorraines' response would have been in 2006 - at initial dx. with stage iv but only one visible tumor in liver - no more progression ? - no TAC, no tyk/xel., nav., gem. , carbo , abraxane, avastin, no second hair loss with adria , no stents in kidney , bile duct ...
as far as costs - we have to spend to win the War - each new drug is a step towards the Cure - even those trail drugs that " fail " as my first wifes' did - are forward steps - we don't waste time on false paths. slow , small trials and cost , no access for most - all are reasons to support the Right To Try Phase II and III drugs Law - a 2 tiered system with true compassionate use for late stage iv pts - too sick for trials . the Law has passed in Colorado and Louisiana . But we need Stage IV Activists to tell the story - too many skeptics - you pts in trials , or who have tried to get comp use - you are the real Experts - you know the System is broken . the Diane Rehm show on NPR had a whole hour show last week on the Right To Try law - all " experts " , all without actual first - hand knowledge of the real broken , biased system . Ms. Rehm had NO Stage IV trial / comp use veterans on her show - that's like having a show on AIDS Activism with out the Activists !! Speak Up !
phil is offline   Reply With Quote