View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
Debbie L.

Re: The Queen Of Weird Side Effects

Laughing! You guys are both very funny.

But maybe you're not that rare, Europa. I had this, too, after taking an AI. At least, they called it lichen sclerosis although it was a little different than what you're describing (and at that time, I did have a sex life). Lichen sclerosis made my labia white, itchy, and painful (achy, but not painful to touch). When the PA did the exam, her eyes got big and she said she had NO idea what it was. She had to pull the GYN doc into the room to diagnose it.

But the main reason I'm writing is that the treatment was different for me, and when I google it just now, it seems that my treatment was the usual. I was prescribed a super cortisone-like cream called "Clobetasol". This was many years ago and at first I think I used it twice daily, then much less as things resolved. It still gets achy every few months or so, I resume using the cream for a few days, and it settles down. So if your current treatment regimen doesn't do it, you might ask about Clobetasol or something similar.

I can't believe that your GYN mailed you that part of your therapy! And she follows up on your progress. Amazing, she must be a special person.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote