View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 06:08 AM   #1
1rarebird

Clock's still ticking

Hello everyone--I've read on this forum and have been told by my doctors that the timing for breast cancer therapies is based on the date of the initial diagnosis. Today marks my 5th anniversary.

It seems like so long ago now that my wife and I got the terrible news. But thanks to my team of doctors and the treatments they prescribed I no longer have the feeling of dread that hit me like a ton of bricks on that awful day 5 years ago. And all the help and inspiration I have received from the Her2Support Group worked to lift those bricks from my life and I am grateful to everyone here.

So I rejoice on this day and am thankful to be feeling healthy and strong. I know life is precious and I hope everyone here continues to accumulate their anniversaries in peace. Good luck to everyone.---bird
Male Breast Cancer, DX 5/15/09, IDC, STAGE 1, 1.7 cm, HER2+++, ER+(95%)/PR+(75%), Ki67 40%, grade 3, 0/5 nodes, TX: mastectomy, TCH finished 7/19/10, radiation 6 wks., Tamoxifen on going, bisphosphonate 24 mos.
1rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote