View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #6
Paula O

Re: Herceptin and Detox (Far Infrared Sauna)

Hi Scotgirl,

I, too have an interest in natural means to detoxify. I used my friend's Home Far Infrared Sauna when I was doing alternative medicine the months before I began conventional treatment. It sure makes ya sweat like crazy while it's doing what it's supposed to do! Since our skin is a major excretory organ it is a helpful means of elimination. I waited on intestinal cleanses and other herbal detox methods until after I was done with the year of herceptin as I was concerned, as you are about not shortchanging myself of it's benifits. It's easy to feel like a chemical toxic waste dump, huh?

Once any (including one) lymph nodes are removed though,many experts feel that the risk for lymphedema is significantly increased in hot envirornments like jacuzzis and saunas and best avoided so I have not done since before the mastectomy. Dry skin brushing (you can Google method if you haven't done) is a safer alternative it seems after lymph node removal. I like vigorous rebounding on a mini trampoline to stimulate my lymphatic system pumping out the junk. Drinking lots of water, eating wholesome foods and avoiding junk makes a big difference in how our bodies are able to eliminate.

I wish you the very best for a wonderfully successful course of treatment. How are you feeling these days?

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote