View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #59
Merry

Re: I'm Taking Care of My Mom

Hello and how is everyone? Well, instead of being "stuck inside a cloud" I'm still stuck in Indiana! Seems my brother is not happy about having to buy me out of our Mother's house, so he's taking as much time as he possibly can to conclude the contract. I'm getting very, very impatient. I've enjoyed spending time with my cousins and Uncles and Aunts, but I wanna go home! This is my favorite time of year in the Midwest with the temps cooling off, and the leaves beginning to change, and local festivals, but I wanna get on the road!
There's entirely too much sorrow and pain in this house and I think I would heal better if I was in my own home. All I do is cry and feel sad being here. I've cleaned up what she wanted, and I need to be done with the pain of seeing her in every place I look. I don't want to be reminded of the time she was sick and fading before my eyes, I want to enjoy the memories of when she was fiesty and scrappy and we had places to go and money to burn at garage sales!
I suppose that sounds like I am coldhearted, but I'm not. I just don't wanna cry anymore. I lost my joy watching my Mom get sick and fade away, and I need to get it back or I won't be able to carry on...

I hope you ladies (and any gentlemen) are doing allright. God bless everyone and keep you strong and safe. Peace and Love, G
Merry is offline   Reply With Quote