View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
naturaleigh

Re: insurance questions

Hey Juanita,

I am in the same boat as you and I know how scary it is. One thing I am checking into, is buying my retirement. It is expensive but, I have to decide which is better, my health or the money. There is no way I could afford Cobra, so that is not even an option for me.

Darleen has been extremely helpful to me and other people on this site and has recommended looking into life insurance. Sometimes you can cash in your life insurance to help with expenses.

I have also been told, I don't know yet how true it is, that doctors still have to treat you, insurance or not and usually at a cheaper rate.

I know many people are opposed to the new health care plan, but I think that those are also the people who do not have serious health issues. I am hoping it goes through, so even though I can't afford the high premiums of insurance, I will still have some coverage. I, unfortunatley, do not understand alot of the pros and cons of the new policy, but if it helps people that do not or loose their insurance because of health issues, I am all for it!!
Good Luck to you Juanita, maybe we can both help each other through this aspect of the journey.

er, pr-, Her2+++
Stage 2b, grade 3
negative nodes
4 rounds AC
3 months of weekly taxol
1 yr of Herceptin
Finish Herceptin May 2007
35 rounds of Radiation
Reconstruction completed Dec 2007
Implant replaced due to infection Mar 2008
4 Years NED!!!
naturaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote