Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 06:23 AM   #29
MJo

Maureen - I am amazed at how beautiful women look bald. I think you look beautiful. I think I looked beautiful. My survivor friends all looked beautiful to me. I loved not having to dry my hair after a shower. Of course, I am happy to have my hair back, now.

If there is ever a time to pamper yourself and put yourself first, it's during cancer treatment. Even with two precious babies to worry about, I hope you can treat yourself very well.

I didn't have a spouse to help me through treatment either. My mother and brothers acted so frightened and helpless that they began to irritate me. People at work didn't contact me, and now when someone at work is touched by cancer, I make a point to ask them how things are going.

It's hard to believe it now, but the trauma will fade. My last Herceptin treatment was December 2006. Last week I bought one of those pink wrist bands to wear because I am getting back to bad habits. I needed a reminder to be vigilant, care about my health, stress levels, etc. I needed a reminder that every day is precious.

The aggressive treatment they are giving your Stage III cancer sounds amazing. It should wipe out any rotten little stray cells. I think Tykerb is turning out to be a great drug.

God bless and keep writing. You can write anything. We are here for you and we've been there.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote