Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #37
Andi

This decision was a very hard one to make. When my cancer recurred, the labs on the new cancer showed no longer was I estrogen positive and that my her2 status was a 2+ by the one test but a 0 by Fish, so I really lost 2 of my strongest weapons. We stilled tried the herceptin and the tykerb along with the other chemos, but to no avail. My oncologist is very on top of his game and has also discussed my case with other tops in the b/c field. He was a Brinker award winner in 2002 and I believe his area was something to do with reducing the side effects of treatment. He never told me I had to stop, he said he would do whatever I wanted,but we have always had a relationship that was totally honest between us, yet he was always very sensitive and gentle. I could ask him anything and he would always give me a straight answer. He has called me once a week since I made this decision to see how I am getting along. I am still praying for a miracle but I know my time is short. If anyone has any questions at all about my situation, etc, please feel free to ask. I have always valued the openess and sharing that has taken place on this site, if I can contribute to that I would be more than happy to.
Diagnosed 6/30/05
Lumpectomy 7/13/05
Dose Dense A/C x 4
Weekly Taxol + Herceptin x 12
Remainder of year Herceptin Every 3 weeks (completes 9/13/06)
Radiation completed 2/28/06
Currently on Tamoxifen
Dec 06 - Pleural effusion treated with pleurodesis
Now er/pr-, her2++
1/07 started weekly Navelbine plus Herceptin
Discontinued Tamoxifen
4/27/07 CTshowed progression
5/01/07 Began Tykerb/Xeloda + Zometa
5/22/07 Stopped treatment due to great progression
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote