View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #19
mamacze

Re: Tumor Profiling - I have to share with you

Oh Kim, I am sick at heart that you too had a set back after your Herceptin holiday. I think deep in the recesses of our minds, there is a tiny whisper of hope that maybe we are cured and don't need our Vitamin H after all; but sadly, that is not the case. Where did your cancer recur? Please don't tell me your brain...:>(

Yes the procedure was same day and in performed in radiology. The interventional radiologist simply numbed me up, slid the tiniest of wires into my lungs, scraped a few samples of the tumor then sent it to Precipio Diagnostics in the packaging that Precipio provided to me.
(You can check them out at http://www.precipiodx.com/contact.html) I asked my oncologist to have the biopsy sent there, instead of the in hospital lab. I was very interested to see exactly what my genetic mutation was and to know what treatments are effective with it, and am amazed at the report. I will get my oncologists opinion in 2 weeks (delayed because of hurricane). Kim, please keep me posted on what you decide to do and what treatments you go on. Our histories are so similar.

Sarah - you had a HEART ATTACK??!!!?! Good Grief!! Cancer isn't enough?!? Thank God alls well that ended well! And how wonderful you had what I hope was a restful and fun 3 weeks in China!

Wish we all were neighbors!
xoxo Love Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote