View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
mamacze

Smile Tumor Profiling - I have to share with you

Hello Gang,
I am sorry I have not posted in a long while; but for a GOOD reason! I am still pretty stable after 8 years post metastatic dx.
I am writing to share news about what I think is extraordinary pathology testing. I had a small tumor pop up in my lungs when I went on a short Herceptin holiday. My oncologist had it biopsied a couple of weeks ago and sent the tissue samples to Precipio Diagnostics at Yale in New Haven CT.
The report was amazing. They did a complete tumor profile; identified the exact gene mutation I am experiencing in that tumor (PIK3CA G1049S); then identified a promising med that will target that particular type of mutation. They also listed relevant available clinical trials with a link on clinical trials.gov. This is MUCH more info than from a standard lab and of course gives me the HOPE that comes from recommended trials and treatments.

Their web site (if you want to check it out) http://www.precipiodx.com/physicians...profiling.html

Also, when I called them to ask how I can get a bx sample to them; they sent me the FedEx package to mail the Biopsy results in. They consulted with my doc; all in all a great experience!!

I am happy to send a copy of my report if you are interested in seeing how it looks if you PM me.
Love Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote