View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 06:46 AM   #11
fauxgypsy

I just realized that I may have sounded judgemental. I don't mean anything I said that way at all. I think we each make the decision about reconstruction that is best for us. It just sometimes irks me that women are so pushed to always be beautiful or at least as beautiful as they can be. I hate wearing makeup most of the time. I never quit feeling it on my skin. I made a decision many years ago that it just wasn't important to me. I wasn't fanatical about it, I would wear it occasionally, designers open house black tie, maybe, special occasions. I wear some now just to have eyebrows. I put on my eyes, so to speak, and a little lipstick because I have been so pale. It seems to make other people feel better. I guess I am a bit of a hedonist. I don't like to do things that are physically uncomfortable.I have noticed that since all this started I have wanted to wear more feminine things, more color, more jewelry. But I have worn my wig only once this summer. It is hot and itchy. So I made up some really bright, funky do-rags and I wear these a lot.
The point I am making is that so often we do the things we do because other people expect us to. If my mother were living I know what her opinion would be. Reconstruct, although I may be doing her a disservice. Someone I know told another friend that she wasn't sure she wanted reconstruction but her mother and her husband wanted he to. She has started the process.
Leslie
fauxgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote