View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
Soccermom

I think Elaine hit the nail on the head...one ad that really gets me is the one where the guy/gal says,"I am ready to begin my chemotherapy", like they are going out for dinner or a cruise! They are smiling for crying out loud and their hair is neatly coiffed and sometimes they are even painting!!(no offense ,Flori!)
Then it says in the fine print, (which no one but a patient ever reads)..." Important product safety information
Ruptured spleen (including fatal cases), serious allergic reactions, and a serious lung problem called acute respiratory distress syndrome have been reported. Call your doctor or seek emergency care right away if you have abdominal or shoulder tip pain, shortness of breath, trouble breathing, a fast rate of breathing, or any allergic reaction. The most common side effect of this injection is mild to moderate bone pain. If you have any questions about this information, be sure to discuss them with your doctor. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088".
Sheesh, its no wonder the general public thinks we should all be running marathons immmediately after finishing treatments..
Sorry, but thats my 2 cents...Terri my sincerest apologies for the the insensitivities of others!!
The next time someone asks you if your DONE...just tell them "no, I think I am just medium rare right now!"

HUgs,Marcia

Last edited by Soccermom; 02-01-2009 at 09:44 AM..
Soccermom is offline   Reply With Quote