View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #539
MCS

Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

well. it's been a long time for me from herceptin. However, all the side effects you described, I had with Taxol, not herceptin.
I took CoQ10 for the heart. I don't run but I took a walk every morning around the block.
I used Sarna skin cream for the dry skin. Used Biotene for dry mouth too.
For the numbness and twitch on feet, I just massaged and massaged. It was while drivng, I stopped and massaged.
The aches, they don't go away with anything. I took vicodent and it did not work at all. actually ibuprofen worked better sometimes. i ended up in bed early evening, usually during the day I would not get it
Genetically, I have never slept well so I was taking ambien before bc. But i was placed on ativan due to anxiety. ativan will not help you to sleep-ask your doc to give you someting to sleep
yoga will be good for you. i do it now and it's so good for pain, flexibility and just your mind.
try meditating-I know it's hard with all going on. put your favorite music- I like the theme from the movie out of africa a lot-then close the door and breathe yoga breath, give yourself 20minutes a day.
look at funny movies
Hope it helps a bit
XO
maria

I'
MCS is offline   Reply With Quote